Request a certificate

You can access requests for Council Certificates online below by clicking on the links.

149 Certificates

Before you start designing your proposal you will need to obtain information on how your property may be used and any restrictions on the development of your land. This information can be found in a Section 149 (S149) Planning Certificate.

S149 Planning Certificates contain information on how a property may be used and the restrictions on development. There are two types of Planning Certificates - Basic Planning Certificate and Full Planning Certificate.

A Basic Planning Certificate under Section 149(2) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 provides information on the development potential of a parcel of land and any planning restrictions that apply. Some of the matters addressed by Council include:

  • Zoning and land uses under the relevant Local Environmental Plan
  • Heritage information
  • Complying development
  • Coastal protection
  • Flood affectations
  • Council and other public authority policies on hazard risk restrictions
  • Bushfire-prone land

A Full Planning Certificate under Section 149(5) of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979 provides you with all of the information contained within the Basic Planning Certificate, plus additional information such as:

  • Resolution of draft LEPs
  • 1 in 100 year flood information
  • Affected by land slip or subsidence
  • Heritage items in the vicinity
  • Aircraft noise affectation
  • Development that may be permissible or prohibited, subject to other planning documents

Request for S149 Certificate

Request for S149(2) and (5) Certificate

603 Certificates

A Section 603 Certificate is applied for by the purchaser/solicitor when purchasing a property and provides information relating to the property such as:

  • Property number and address
  • Current owners name
  • Legal description of the property
  • Rates and charges levied for the current year
  • Outstanding rates and charges
  • Water usage account outstanding
  • The cost of a Section 603 Certificate is payable on application.

Request for a S603 Certificate

Urgent request for S603 Certificate

Request for S603 Certificate and special water reading

Urgent request for S603 Certificate and special water reading

Outstanding Notices

Applications can be made for an Outstanding Notice Certificate. This certificate will list any outstanding notices Council has issued under the following Acts:

  • Section 735A of the Local Government Act
  • Section 121ZP of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act
  • Clean Up or Prevention Notices under the Protection of the Environment Operations Act
  • Improvement or Prohibition Notices under the Food Act
  • Notices under the Swimming Pools Act

A single application and fee covers all the above mentioned Acts. You may apply for an Outstanding Notice Certificate at any time, but a certificate is most often needed before property settlement.

Applications can be made using the following link.

Request Certificate of Outstanding Notices

Sewer Diagram

Required under Conveyancing Act to be attached to the Contract of Sale. The fee is a search fee only and all requests should be made in writing with all property description details.

Request for a Sewer Drainage Diagram