16 July 2015
Queanbeyan’s new bus interchange will be open from Monday 20th July 2015.
Queanbeyan Mayor Tim Overall said he welcomed the new interchange, which has been built on the underused Collett Street car park in the CBD.
The interchange will be accessed via Morisset St opposite the Queanbeyan Riverside Tourist Park, with buses exiting from Collett St.
Mayor Overall said the new interchange featured car park spaces for residents who wanted to ‘park n’ ride’, a bike parking cage, with 32 spaces inside and eight spaces outside; a taxi rank and a drop off and pick up area.
“This is a great addition to the CBD, and I encourage as many people as possible to make use of the new interchange and the facilities such as the bike cage. Cyclists will be able to use the bike cage as of Monday. Make sure you take a lock to secure your bike within the cage. At this stage the cage will be accessible to all cyclists.”
All bus routes will be affected and changes will include:
- Rerouting all bus services in the Queanbeyan CBD, including servicing the new interchange and limited stop arrangements for the new Riverside and Kmart stops in Morisset Street.
- Enhanced services for Bungendore with Route 850.
- Standardized Route 831 service with most services now travelling via Canberra Outlet Centre and the Canberra Times, Fyshwick.
- Major changes to Route 834 (Queanbeyan to Canberra Airport Precinct).
- School bus number changes and all buses will use the new bus interchange
- Minor timetable adjustments to all route bus services.
For timetables fares and information please call TravellerInfo on 62993722 or visit www.qcitytransit.com.au.