There has never been a better opportunity to get involved and GROW YOUNG as a senior.
As part of NSW Seniors Week there is a range of FREE activities and entertainment to learn, to be free and to be inspired.
Come and try a:
- guided walks and gentle exercise with new friends
- hands on gardening workshops from local green thumbs
- information sessions on how to avoid scams, prepare for a funeral, and renew your licence.
- head-to-head quiz between the city councillors and local high school students.
- croquet, carpet bowls, Euchre, and basic computers.
- behind the scenes tour of the Queanbeyan Art Society, the Queanbeyan Recycling Centre and the Queanbeyan Museum.
- listening to secret men’s business at The Men’s Shed Open Day.
Seniors wellbeing – Live with Attitude Friday 8 April 2016 11am -2:00pm
Railway Park, Henderson Road, Queanbeyan
Mark it in your diary as you don’t want to miss this one. This event which is part of Seniors Week and proudly presented by Queanbeyan City Council gives you a taste of almost everything!
Come and enjoy healthy eating and cooking demonstrations, gentle exercise, gardening demonstrations, talks on sustainability and road safety. Plus FREE shower timers for the first 200 visitors.
Make sure you’re hungry because there is FREE BBQ lunch plus tea and coffee provided for those that book on (02) 6285 6522 or email email@example.com.
- Queanbeyan Senior Citizens Centre - 257 Crawford St Queanbeyan
- Queanbeyan City Library - 6 Rutledge Street Queanbeyan
- Queanbeyan City Council customer service - 256 Crawford St Queanbeyan
- Multilingual Centre – 12 Rutledge St Queanbeyan
Seniors week runs from 1-10 April 2016.
For more information phone (02) 6285 6522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.