Occupation Certificate


An Occupation Certificate certifies that the building or part of the building in relation to the Development Consent was granted is suitable and safe to be occupied in accordance with the relevant requirements of the Building Code of Australia.

An Occupation Certificate must be obtained from the appointed Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) before the building or part of the building can be occupied or used.

If Council is the PCA an application form Building Occupation Certificate must be submitted to Council prior to the inspection being conducted.