Building and Certification

Approved driveway contractors
A list of all approved driveway contractors
Bushfire Prone Land Map, Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) Certificate application form, NSW Rural Fire Service link and Planning for Bush Fire Protection information.
Construction Certificates
Construction Certificates are required once Development Consent has been issued and there is any Building work involved.
Fire Safety
Information on smoke alarms, fire safety statements and fire safety certificates.
Inspections and Principal Certifying Authority
Information on Booking Inspections, Mandatory Inspections and appointing a Principal Certifying Authority.
Insurance and Owner Builder
Information on becoming an owner-building and Home Warranty Insurance
Occupation Certificate
An Occupation Certificate is required for any new building work, or change of use of a building, that is subject to development consent or a Complying Development Certificate.
Plumbing and Drainage
Queanbeyan City Council regulates plumbing and drainage within the Council area.
Are you thinking of renovating your home? Whether you are building a pergola or renovating your home you need to consider some important issues before starting your work.